Maintenance Second Class at The Kahala Resort
Keeps the physical structure of the hotel in good repair. Has a high degree of skill in the tools of other trades. To maintain the guest rooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades, including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall
covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
•Utilizes a variety of tools to perform general skilled labor in maintenance. Inspects guest
rooms, public space and back of the house areas to repair, touch up or replace light bulbs,
lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint furniture, wall covering,
caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous repairs.
•Performs preventive maintenance projects, such as, but not limited to, cleaning all guest
room fan coils, replacing air filters and servicing all HV AC - cleaning coils, replacing V- belts, bearings and motors.
• Operates equipment such as electric sewer snakes and a variety of power tools.
• Performs shop bench work orders and maintains cleanliness of shop area and all tools.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
•Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
•Perform a variety of other duties as assigned by foreman or Assistant Chief of Engineering
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
•Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor and work independently
in completing assigned jobs.
•Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks,
and have a high level of patience.
• Ability to deal effectively with people including complaints.
•Knowledge of basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general mechanical applications
•Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to
communicate pleasantly and effectively with employees, staff and guests.
•Must be able to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the
hotel's attendance policy.
• Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies.
• Previous experience in a hotel environment preferred.
• Prefer at least (3) three years of previous maintenance experience.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
•Ability to push, pull or otherwise transport objects or materials weighing up to 300 lbs.
Using a hand truck/cart or other wheeled assistance.
•Ability to perform tasks consistently while bending, stooping, twistmg, kneeling or
standing while supporting, grasping, lifting, or carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs.
•Sufficient manual dexterity of hand to manipulate switches, operate fine hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
•Ability to climb a ladder up to 30 feet high and reach in all directions, often times
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.