Auditor at The Kahala Resort
To perform all aspects of Room and F&B audit functions. Posts simple journal vouchers; may maintain journals, reconcile bank accounts and performs various other routine accounting work.
• Audit cashiers work from the Front Office and Food & Beverage outlets. Sort and distribute all cashiers work, posting vouchers, settlement folios, reports, etc.
• Balances credit card transactions from Micros and Fidelio for $onthenet (Dollars on the Net) transmission.
• Research cashiers errors and make corrections as required.
• Perform month end procedures and other duties with the Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager.
• Handle guest disputes and problems as needed.
• Box and organize Front Office work and Food & Beverage checks.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
• Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety III fire or other emergency situations.
• Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as requested when working in public areas.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
•Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately
complex computer system. Ability to utilize a spreadsheet software program.
•Ability to effectively operate various office equipment such as, but not limited to, a 10-
key calculator by touch, typewriter, facsimile and photocopying machine.
•Knowledge of basic accounting operations such as, but not limited to, Accounts
Receivable and Accounts Payable.
•Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with
guests and understand instructions.
•Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of
whom will require high levels of patience, tact, empathy and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with hotel's
•Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety and grooming standards.
• One (1) year accounting experience required.
• Prior hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
•Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
•CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to grasp, lift, carry and/or otherwise transport up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move throughout the hotel property while performing the essential job functions.
•All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in
the employee handbook.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.