Laundry Supervisor at The Kahala Resort
To assist in the direct supervision and instruction of laundry personnel. Prepares various reports and performs other administrative functions. Has direct responsibility for the maintenance of assigned areas.
•Trains, supervises and schedules laundry staff to include Laundry Attendants II and III.
•Visually inspects the quality of linen and uniforms processed for cleanliness and
•Reports all maintenance deficiencies and emergencies in the Laundry department
such as, but not limited to, overflowing washers, dryer fires, washer or steamer
line malfunctions. And coordinate repairs with maintenance department with as minimal effect to laundry production.
•Maintains a proper inventory of rooms and food and beverage linen. Sorts and records outdated, tom, worn and discarded linen and reports shortages to the Executive Housekeeper.
•Maintains clean and neat laundry workstations daily. Ensures laundry carts are properly stored and maintained.
•Prepares the monthly and quarterly rooms and food and beverage linen inventories. Computes monthly linen and uniform consumption reports. Maintains productivity charts. Prepares work performance reports on all personnel assigned to work areas and submit to the Executive Housekeeper.
• Complete other duties or special projects as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper or
Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
• Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
• Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
• Assist with the unboxing and shelving of linen.
• Coordinate special linen requirements with the Banquet Department.
• Respond to guest inquiries regarding laundering/dry cleaning, or pressing of clothing.
• Maintain good inventory of all laundry chemicals and supplies.
• Perform other Laundry job functions as needed.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to concentrate and perform in a noisy and hot environment.
•Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of
whom will require high levels of patience, tact, empathy and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
•Ability to perform basic mathematical functions in order to control linen and uniform inventories.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with hotel's
•Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding
safety and grooming standards.
• One (1) year supervisory experience preferred.
• Previous laundry experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to complete HAZCOM/MSDS Training.
• Ability to complete Blood Borne Pathogen Training required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to move, pull or push goods on a cart weighing up to 500 lbs.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
•Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job
•All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as
outlined in the employee handbook.
• High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.