Laundry Attendant III at The Kahala Resort
Is primarily responsible for the control and operation of the laundry washer/dryer units and the loading and unloading of the machines. May also perform other laundry functions of a laundry attendant II.
•Operates all Laundry equipment such as, but not limited to, washers and dryers. Selects the proper washing cycles for the item of linen being processed. Sets proper drying and cooling times for various linens.
•Loads and unload laundry from carts and machinery including washers and dryers
using both hands. Requiring lifting up to 50 lbs. Weighs soiled linen on a scale to ensure proper weights prior to loading.
•Monitors feeder information on washers. Ensures that all chemical drums are full.
Reports any irregularities to immediate supervisor. Records wash/dry loads on
•Organizes and stacks laundry carts for delivery. Obtain and push soiled linen bins
to the wash area. Requires the ability to move, push/pull up to 500 lbs in a cart.
•Cleans machines, including lint traps and surrounding areas, including mopping,
sweeping the floor, wiping the sink and removing trash. Restocks and resets chemical drums.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
• Relieve other Laundry stations for meal breaks.
• Able to spot stains.
• Knowledge of fabric care and maintenance.
•Perform processing duties of a laundry attendant II such as folding of towels
intermittently when working.
• Reports all maintenance deficience of equipment
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to concentrate and perform in a noisy and hot environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to handle and cope with complaints and comments from guests.
•Ability to work with a variety of equipment, such as, but not limited to, power tools, hand tools, air tools, ladders, telephones, 10-key machine, and laundry machines.
•Ability to perform simple mathematical functions to complete inventories and
• Ability to comprehend instructions in English, both verbally and in writing.
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the hotel's attendance standards.
•Ability to comply with all hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding
safety and grooming standards.
• Six (6) months prior laundry experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance certification required.
.• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to complete HAZCOMlMSDS Training.
• Ability to complete Blood Borne Pathogen Training required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to move, pull or push goods on a cart weighing up to 500 lbs.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
•Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
•Employee must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined
in the employee handbook.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.