Laundry Attendant I at The Kahala Resort
Is normally assigned to laundry operations involving a variety of routine duties to properly process all laundry items including: Spotting, sorting, drying, pressing, and folding. The duties assigned to this classification do not include the operation of washer units or the maintenance of any laundry equipment or machinery other than routine cleaning.
•Operates and feeds linen into Laundry equipment such as, but not limited to, flat
ironers, and tunnel finisher. Prepares items for processing by lagging sheets,
segregating colored napkins, hanging clothes.
•Operates towel folding machine or hand fold beach towels, bath sheets, handtowels, room rugs and mats, washcloths, blankets, mattress pads. Segregates linens that are stained, worn or tom.
•Loads and unloads laundry from carts and machinery, including dryers using both hands, requiring lifting up to 50 lbs. Operates dryer and selects proper drying and cooling times for various linens.
•Presses all guests' clothing and employee uniforms using equipment such as pants
presser, tunnel finisher, steam iron and mannequin. Treats and spots a variety of
types of stains.
•Organizes and stack laundry carts for delivery. Requiring the ability to move, pull,
or push goods on a cart weighing up to 500 lbs.
•Cleans machines, including lint traps and surrounding areas including mopping and sweeping floor and removing trash.
• Records amount of linen or uniforms, by type, processed on productivity logs.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
•Relieve Linen Room Attendants with issuance of uniforms and linen. Relieve other laundry stations including laundry attendant III (washer) for meal breaks.
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
• Reports all maintenance deficiencies of equipment.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of spotting stains, fabric care and maintenance, ironing, and pressing.
•Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and have a high level of patience.
• Ability to concentrate and perform in a noisy and hot environment.
• Ability to handle and cope with complaints and comments from guests.
•Ability to work with various equipment, such as, but not limited to, power tools, hand tools, air tools, ladders, telephone, laundry machine, and hand irons.
•Ability to perform simple mathematical functions to complete inventories and
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the hotel's attendance standards.
• Six (6) months prior laundry experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance certification required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to complete HAZCOM/MSDS Training.
• Ability to complete Blood Borne Pathogen Training required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to move, pull or push goods on a cart weighing up to 500 lbs.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
•Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
•Employee must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee handbook.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.