Housekeeper I Rooms at The Kahala Resort
To perform routine duties required in the servicing and cleaning of all guest rooms and hotel facilities to ensure cleanliness and guest satisfaction in order to maintain the hotel's high standards of quality, including replenishing ice and watering plants in guest rooms; checking, spot cleaning and reporting consumption of mini-bar.
•Is assigned about 13 rooms per shift cleaning bathtub, shower stalls, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, floor surfaces, furniture, lanais, refrigeration, ice buckets, glassware and coffee maker using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and pushing/pulling a wheeled cart up to 300 lbs.
•If scheduled for an evening shift, can provide turndown service to approximately 35 rooms per shift by partially removing duvet, replenishing amenities, linens, and supplies and cleaning bathroom facility if used.
•Manually carries linens/towels from cart to room. Strips and makes beds, changing
bed linens which may require lifting duvets and duvet covers.
•Dusts, cleans and polishes all furniture, pictures, drawers, windows, glass and
ledges, and shelves thoroughly by using cloths, sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning
agents by extending arms over head, bending, stooping, kneeling, and standing. Removes dirty room service trays, tables and dishes to service landing.
•Replenish amenities, linens, light bulbs on dresser, nightstand and/or floor lamps and supplies in guest rooms. Replenishes ice, waters plants, and may check mini-bars. Responds in a timely manner in basic English language to guest requests for items such as towels, safety instructions, assistance, direction and/or other information as requested.
•Signs for room keys. Retrieves, pushes and pulls to assigned rooms and restocks
wheeled cart up to 300lbs. Visually inspects room for cleanliness and appearance
and signify completion for room. Reports room and maintenance discrepancies via the telephone.
• Pushes and pulls vacuum and dust mop throughout entire room and empties trash.
• Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
• Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
• Report items in room, which need repair.
• Assist with folding towels in the Laundry Department.
• Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
•Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a number of credits as specified by management.
•Ability to clean, dust, polish, scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head, stooping, bending, standing, walking and working continuously for extended periods of time to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
•Knowledge of the proper application and usage of various types of Housekeeping
cleaning agents and equipment.
• Ability to handle and cope with complaints and comments from guests.
•Ability to use cleaning tools such as, but not limited to, vacuums, dust mops, and toilet brushes.
• Ability to use baskets containing amenities
•Ability to read, write, speak and understand English language sufficient to communicate pleasantly and effectively with employees, staff and guest via the telephone, two-way radio and/or in person.
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the hotel's attendance policy.
•Ability to comply with all hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding
safety and grooming standards.
• Six (6) months previous Housekeeping experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Certified Executive Housekeeper designation preferred.
• Ability to complete HAZCOM/MSDS Training.
• Ability to complete Blood Borne Pathogen Training required.
• Ability to lift, grasp, and/or carry a maximum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to move, pull or push goods on a wheeled cart weighing up to 300 lbs.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat.
•Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance as outlined in the
• High School Diploma or equivalency preferred.