Bus help at The Kahala Resort
To assist waithelp with table-setting, removing dirty dishes and soiled linen; picks up, delivers and replenishes supplies as needed; serves incidentals (water, coffee, tea, butter, etc.) to ensure total guest satisfaction; clears and cleans tables, service stations and equipment; may prepare china, silver, glassware for the dishwasher; maintains cleanliness of the
dining room and if applicable, the surrounding areas; sets up and replenishes buffet lines.
• Clears dirty table setting. Cleans tables and reset all service ware.
•Maintains cleanliness of the restaurant and re-stocks all stations with the necessary
equipment including silverware, lines and condiments.
• Transports all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwasher areas for proper cleaning.
•Serves guests beverages, breads, butter, nuts, dipping sauce etc. to begin their dining
experience and replenish as necessary.
• Assists waithelp in the servicing of food to the guest.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
•Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
•Completes all assigned duties, such as but not limited to, replenishing condiments,
restocking supplies and general cleaning assignments. Sorting and racking glassware,
chinaware and utensils.
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
•Picks up clean linen for service and drops off soiled linen for washing in Laundry Department. Folds napkins.
• Assist fellow employees in maintenance of guests and restaurant.
• Assist hosthelp/cashier in seating guests when necessary.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and serviceware.
•Ability to operate various food preparation equipment such as, but not limited to, toaster,
coffee maker, espresso/cappuccino machine, beverage dispenser and bread warmer.
•Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks,
and have a high level of patience. Ability to multi task. Complete current task while
reviewing the next task due. Ability to recognize and remember additional supplies may be needed while still in the process of completing the existing task.
•Ability to work in a fast paced environment coupled with being able to be cordiale,
polite, and professional with fellow co-workers and guests.
• Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items.
•Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with
guests and take orders.
•Must be able to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the
hotel's attendance policy.
• Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies.
• Six (6) months previous food service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Honolulu Liquor Commission (yellow) Card required.
•Ability to grasp, bend, lift, carry up to 49 lbs., or otherwise, move or push goods on a
hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.