Room Service Waithelp Captain at The Kahala Resort
To assist in the supervision and coordination of the activities of the Room Service Department. Prepares reports and records as required. Delivers and serves food and/or
beverage items in a friendly, courteous and timely manner resulting in guest satisfaction.
•Monitors food and/or beverage service, ensuring that waithelp are performing assigned
tasks according to the hotel's high quality standards. Expedites and organizes delivery,
support and assists waithelp with any problems that may occur.
•Carries trays up to 30 lbs. or pushes wheeled carts to deliver room service orders to guests in a friendly and courteous manner to ensure guest satisfaction. After set up, presents tallied check to guest.
•Retrieves room service equipment from guest floors, service elevator, foyers and public
areas, lifting, loading and carrying trays weighing up to 30 lbs., or pushing wheeled carts to sort items at ware wash area.
•Cleans tables and trays, being careful not to break or damage any tableware. Returns
condiments and other equipment to proper storage areas.
•Retrieves check from order taker and places order with kitchen. When picking up food,
visually inspects order to ensure completeness, i.e., all food, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and all condiments.
•Prepares complimentary fruit baskets or other amenities and delivers to guest rooms as
•Sets up room service trays and tables, according to prescribed standards, in anticipation of incoming orders.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
•Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
•Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
• Fold napkins for all meal periods throughout the day to maintain an adequate supply.
•Abides by all State, Federal and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving
alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to ensure all laws are being followed.
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
•Ability to accurately perform simple mathematical functions such as addition and
•Ability to operate a computer system to input food and beverage orders and print out
checks using the Micros System.
• Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
•Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with
•Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety and grooming standards.
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with hotel's
• Six (6) months waithelp experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Hawaii State Liquor Commission (blue) Card required.
•Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise transport up to 30 lbs. on a continuous
• Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 125 lbs.
•Ability to lift and extend arms overhead, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull heavy equipment
and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
• Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a cigarette lighter or wine opener.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.