Room Service Order Taker at The Kahala Resort
To take Room Service orders accurately in a helpful, friendly, courteous and professional manner ensuring total guest satisfaction.
•Answers Room Service calls on a multi-line telephone, explain any specials, promote menu items and answer questions regarding preparation methods. Documents orders by repeating items back to callers to ensure accuracy. Quotes expected arrival time.
•Inputs and process Food and Beverage checks on a computer system. Maintain
an accurate cash bank through the Micros system.
•Answers calls for pick-up of carts and/or trays and direct waithelp to retrieve items from guest rooms or floors. Maintains a master pick up sheet to ensure all carts and/ or trays are retrieved in a timely manner.
• Responds to special requests from guests and other departments.
• Documents complimentary amenity orders.
• Maintains a clean and organized work station.
• Maintains control of the issuance of master keys.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
•Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
•Answer calls for Mini-bar requests and delegate special requests to appropriate
•Monitor waithelp to ensure orders are being handled promptly.
• Prepare and distribute computer generated reports to Service Assistants.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
•Ability to remember, recite and promote a variety of menu items, specials and
promotions with a working knowledge of all menu items and accompaniments.
• Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations and service standards.
•Ability to effectively input and utilize a moderately complex computer system to run
special reports as required.
•Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will
require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate
information and resolve conflicts.
•Ability to read, write and understand the English language sufficient enough to
understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
•Must be able to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the
hotel's attendance policy.
• Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety.
• Previous cashiering experience in hospitality or food service preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Hawaii State Liquor Commission Card (yellow) required.
• Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time in a confined area.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat.
•Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand
cart/truck weighing a maximum of 125 lbs.
• Ability to grasp, bend, lift, carry and/or transport goods weighing a maximum of 20 lbs.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.