Room Service Night Server at The Kahala Resort
To provide in-room service of food and beverages to include order-taking, preparation and delivery of any food and beverage items.
•Receives orders from telephone operator. Prepares food items, sets up and delivers food
and beverage order to guest rooms.
• Cleans tables and trays. Returns condiments and equipment to proper storage areas.
•Completes assigned side duties such as, but not limited to, folding napkins, leaning hot
boxes, restocking supplies and cleaning the coffee urn.
•Retrieves Room Service equipment from guest rooms, floors, service elevator, foyers and public areas. Maintains a pick up sheet to ensure Room Service carts and trays are
removed from guest floors.
•Manually writes the check, presents it to the guest and accepts payment and returns
change, if necessary. Records all checks on sales and tip sheet.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
•Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
•Ability to read, write and understand the English language sufficient enough to
understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
•Must be able to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the
hotel's attendance policy.
• Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety.
• Six (6) months previous waithelp experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Hawaii State Liquor Commission Card (yellow) required.
• Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
• Ability to stand and walk for an extended period of time.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat.
•Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand
cart/truck weighing a maximum of 125 lbs.
• Ability to grasp, bend, lift, carry and/or transport goods weighing a maximum of 30 lbs.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.