Senior Accounting Clerk at The Kahala Resort
Responsible for maintaining journals and other records of all income, disbursements, invoices and inventory control. May assist in closing of books, preparation of financial statements, payroll, audits and inventories. May supervise other accounting clerks.
•Prepares daily Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable work such as, but not limited
to, direct bills and payments.
•Maintains accurate records of payment and vendor files. Vendor files could include
checks, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
• Inputs daily revenues/expenses to income and rebate reports.
•Verifies that all checks have proper information. Applies payments from guests to their accounts.
•Perform month end procedures and other duties with the Assistant Controller and
• Balances general ledger accounts monthly.
• Handles guest disputes and problems as needed.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
• Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
•Ability to effectively operate various office equipment such as, but not limited to, a 10-
key calculator by touch, typewriter, facsimile and photocopying machine.
• Knowledge of basic accounting operations such as, but not limited to, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
•Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate with
guests and understand instructions.
•Ability to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with hotel's
•Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding safety and grooming standards.
•Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom
will require high levels of patience, tact, empathy and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Two (2) to three (3) years accounting experience required.
• Prior hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to grasp, lift, carry and/or otherwise transport up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
•Ability to move throughout the hotel property while performing the essential job
•All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in
the employee handbook.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma required.