Maintenance Utility at The Kahala Resort
To conduct general unskilled labor in maintaining the hotel properties and facilities. Assists Maintenance persons by performing simple trade-related tasks.
•Conducts preventive maintenance projects and works with maintenance first
class on guest room preventive maintenance projects and HV AC.
• Assists in the maintenance of Gaylord exhaust equipment.
• Performs a variety of shop bench work orders.
•Drives a hotel truck to obtain replacement parts and supplies or other types of
special project materials as needed.
• Cross training in different on the job task.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
•Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
•Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks,
and have a high level of patience.
• Ability to deal effectively with people including complaints.
•Ability to work with various tools, such as but not limited to, swimming pool cleaning
tools, spray equipment, various hand tools, water hose, ladders, carts and power washers.
•Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to
communicate pleasantly and effectively with employees, staff and guests.
•Must be able to work varying shifts and maintain attendance in accordance with the
hotel's attendance policy.
• Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies.
• Previous experience in a hotel environment preferred.
•Hotel experience in engineering/housekeeping familiar with whatDs in norms and what
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to lift, grasp, and/or carry a maximum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to move, push or pull goods on a cart weighing up to 300 lbs.
•Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat, climb stairs and ladders,
kneel, crouch, run/sprint, crawl, twist, move wrist, and grip.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma preferred.