Bus help at The Kahala Resort
To assist waithelp with table-setting, removing dirty dishes and soiled linen; picks up, delivers and replenishes supplies as needed; serves incidentals (water, coffee,tea, butter, etc.) to ensure total guest satisfaction; clears and cleans tables, service stations and equipment; may prepare china, silver, glassware for the dishwasher; maintains cleanliness of the
dining room and if applicable, the surrounding areas; sets up and replenishes buffet lines.
• Clears dirty table setting. Cleans tables and reset all service ware.
•Maintains cleanliness of the restaurant and re-stocks all stations with the necessary
equipment including silverware, lines and condiments.
• Transports all dirty tableware from dining room to dishwasher areas for proper cleaning.
•Serves guests beverages, breads and butter to begin their dining experience and replenish
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the
•Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other
•Respond to all guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information as
requested when working in public areas.
• Performs any general cleaning tasks as needed.
•Picks up clean linen for service and drops off soiled linen for washing in Laundry Department. Folds bread napkins for bread baskets.
• Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and serviceware.
• Ability to operate various restaurant equipment such as a coffee maker.
•Ability to pay attention to detail, work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks,
and have a high level of patience.
• Ability to multi task. Complete current task while reviewing the next task due.
•Ability to recognize and remember additional supplies may be needed while still in the
process of completing the existing task.
•Ability to work in a fast paced environment coupled with being able to be cordiale, polite
and professional with fellow co-workers and guests.
• Sorting and racking glassware, chinaware and utensils.
•Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with
• Six (6) months previous food service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Honolulu Liquor Commission (yellow) Card required.
•Ability to grasp, bend, lift, carry up to 30 lbs., or otherwise, move or push goods on a
hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 lbs.
• Ability to reach and grasp overhead, bend, stoop and squat.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move throughout the work area while performing the essential job functions.
•Must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in the employee
• Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies.