Accounting Clerk at The Kahala Resort
To perform one or more routine accounting operations such as an accounts payable or accounts receivable. Posts simple journal vouchers, maintain journals, account reconciliation and performs various other routine accounting work.
•Prepares daily Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable work such as, but not
limited to direct bills and payments.
•Maintains accurate records of payment and vendor files. Vendor files could
include checks, purchase orders, invoices, etc.
• Inputs daily revenues/ expenses to income and rebate reports.
•Verifies that all checks have proper information. Applies payments from guests
to their accounts.
• Deposits and reconciles credit card payments.
• Verifies and processes Travel Agent Commission checks.
• Balances general ledger accounts monthly.
•Perform month end procedures and other duties with the Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager and Credit Manager.
• Handles guest disputes and problems as needed.
•Report all suspicious persons or activities and hazardous or unsafe conditions to the Security Department.
•Provide instruction and/ or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
•Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, direction and information
as requested when working in public areas.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• One (1) year accounting experience required.
• Prior hotel experience preferred.
Licenses or Certification
• Certification of tuberculosis clearance required.
• CPR and Standard First Aid Certification preferred.
• Ability to grasp, lift, carry and/ or otherwise transport up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
•Ability to move throughout the hotel property while performing the essential job functions.
•Ability to comply with hotel rules and regulations including policies regarding
safety and grooming standards.
•Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of
whom will require high levels of patience, tact, empathy and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
•All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance as outlined in
the employee handbook.
•Ability to read, speak and write the English language in order to communicate
with guests and understand instructions.