Maintenance Clerk at Sheraton Princess Kaiulani
Provides clerical services to the Maintenance Department involving timekeeping, trouble calls, work order requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for materials and supplies. Prepares various reports and handles normal office functions such as typing and filing.
Solicit pricing and bid information from vendors for storeroom items, departmental supplies and certain major projects; correspond with vendors regarding pricing and delivery of needed materials and parts and assist in set up of credit for new vendors.
Initiate and coordinate purchasing of materials and supplies for the maintenance and construction of certain projects handled by Engineering within entire hotel; set up and maintain expense tracking logs according to department codes; tabulate weekly and submit monthly report to controller's office.
* Clerical and administrative duties for projects.
* Type monthly energy reports and engineering file.
* Set up and/or conduct meetings for department (standards, safety training, etc.); prepare fire emergency letters for Pre-Con meetings according to group name/title.
* Set up purchase orders for service companies where continuous services are needed.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Able to type 45 WPM and use a 10-key adding machine required. Basic Math skills required. Knowledge of MS OFFICE Required. Previous clerical experience required.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
Licenses or Certification
High School Diploma Required
Must be able to lift 15lbs from floor to waist. Must be able to lift 5lbs overhead. Must be able to carry 5lbs with two hands, 5lbs with one hand. Must be able to pull or push with a wheeled cart 10lbs.